A direct cremation with Stockman & Loram funeral service is where the cremation itself takes place without any service taking place whatsoever. It is a simple alternative to a traditional funeral that gives you the freedom to hold a more personal farewell how and when you choose. Some of our families choose to hold informal gatherings to scatter the ashes.
This type of funeral is also chosen by people who just simply did not wish to have any formal funeral service. In essence it is the simplest form of funeral available.
Stockman & Loram funeral service can offer a direct cremation from £1,645 subject to our terms and conditions. However for deaths occurring in nursing homes and private houses the cost will be an additional £250.
Please bear in mind this is a limited service and does not benefit from our full support and guidance. However it does include our full support and advice relating to;
- Moving the deceased into our care
- Arranging the necessary paperwork with the doctor or coroner for cremation
- Arranging the necessary paperwork and advice to you regarding the registration of the death including how to get death certificates.
- Caring for the deceased in our chapel of rest in a simple cremation coffin
- Staff and suitable vehicle to convey the deceased to the crematorium.
- Return of the cremated remains in a simple container. (other options available)
- No provision to hold any type of gathering or service
- The cremation is at the venue, date and time of our choice (we do notify you)
- There is no cortege and no attendance at the crematorium.
- We kindly request full payment and the completion of all forms prior to carrying out a direct cremation.
Many other companies offer this service, but none of them offer the same service that we do. We still treat the deceased with respect and dignity and are also more than happy to come and see you to go through everything rather tan just doing everything by phone and post.